A complete PC for only 30 Euros, super-silent without active cooling, the operating system on SD card. That is the Raspberry Pi 🙂
- Raspberry Pi – B/B+ (30-35 Euros)
- Ethernet cable (1-2 Euros)
- Power supply with at least 0,7A (better 1A) and Micro USB (5-10 Euros)
- One of the countless Raspberry cases (5-10 Euros)
- SD card with at least 4GB, better 8 or 16 (10-20 Euros)
Now we´re already at ~50 Euros, but the Mini-PC only needs 2-3 Watts and practically no space.
A HDMI cable and a USB keyboard are optional, for the first installation and if you don´t just want to administrate the Raspberry Pi with SSH. Check your local supplier for all the items, SD cards are pretty cheap at Amazon. It´s a good idea to check the compatibility list first: http://elinux.org/RPi_SD_cards